Cincinnati Toolmaster makes its way to my shop

I think posting links is not approved here but if you google cincinnati toolmaster service manual look for a vintage machinery site should be in the top results. it is for 1961 and later ones.

The P54 oil that this uses everywhere they only post one spec 300-320 or right around there SUS at 100 I use Schaeffer oil 203 EP in ISO 68, I had this for my lathe and it happens to be real close to that upper side of P54 spec. I may go to a ISO32 or 46 this winter for the ways.

I think you can get a good deal on the 1b's because of the rap they get for the collet system, the ones I "looked" at, collectively the 1b's were in better shape. I think that 1d good ones get sold in a hurry when a one hits the market.

Oh I remembered after I plugged it up being told as a kid, not try clean an old car engine halfa$$ed because it would move dirt that wasn't hurting anything and plug it up... so if its oiling I'd just keep pouring oil in it and let it be.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

Interesting on the links, I was just looking at a thread with more than a few links??? Maybe it just depends on the subject???

My 1B I was able to get locally, a friend of a friend thing. I had been looking for a couple years and they just don't come up for sell (any type of mill). For my area it was a fair price. It came with a good selection of collets (luckily) a Teco vise and some tooling. After some research it appears to be a good quality vise. He put it on a pallet for me and loaded it. He was kind enough to stop by one night and answer a few questions. Didn't want a cold one or anything else for his time. Good guy. I just didn't know enough to know what questions to ask.

I'm impressed with the mass of a Cincinnati compared to what others are buying.

Back