Chuck Not Running True?

Here's where I'm at now. I'm sure the threads are a match as I've FINALLY gotten it to thread on- it's now running much truer but still slightly out- maybe as good as I can get with a 3 jaw. I did discover two things:
The previous owner made the backplate very poorly. He didn't cut away the threads to fit onto the register, and didn't cut the diameter properly to fit the recess of the chuck. So, seems like I'll need to acquire a new plate.

As far as the lathe itself goes, I have no idea what it is. People here seem to think it was built in the early 1900's but I've been unable to find a manufacturer. I believe the spindle to be 1 3/8" in diameter and 8 TPI so I'll begin looking for a new plate.
Thank you for all the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted pictures in another of my threads a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some photos of the lathe show up here in an earlier post. Maker unknown, only the dealer tag is evident. An accurate measuring of the spindle diameter and threads per inch might be a way to help ID the machine though. I've heard from other sources that some old Flather lathes used 1-3/8" spindle diameters and in around the 8 to 10 tpi range.

Here's the earlier post:

http://www.hobby-machinist.com/thre...ning-and-other-tips-needed.49830/#post-419364

-frank

Back