Chip Pans???

Kroll

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guys on my Sears lathe the previous owner had a pan made which it is nice and very heavy duty.But its way over kill,I want something smaller, not going to run coolant,just to collect shaving and the cutting oil that drops.I see several pics here of pans that looks like the height is bout 1/2 or more and just big enought and not over kill.Where can a person find these pans or were they custom made?If you have a design with pics please share---kroll

Guys on my Sears lathe the previous owner had a pan made which it is nice and very heavy duty.But its way over kill,I want something smaller, not going to run coolant,just to collect shaving and the cutting oil that drops.I see several pics here of pans that looks like the height is bout 1/2 or more and just big enought and not over kill.Where can a person find these pans or were they custom made?If you have a design with pics please share---kroll

I went to my local Surplus store and bought an old baking pan that works great. Cost me all of three dollars.

IMG_1907.JPG

My 12X36 came with one... but I am planning a trip to the dollar store soon to pick up some cheap baking sheets that are smaller to sit 'in' the current pan. I figure if I have one (maybe two) removable pan that I can pull out and dump, and it removes 80-90% of the mess... it will be much easier to keep things clean.

+1 on the baking pans. I use two of them 'cause I couldn't find a large one that fit right. Besides, easier to empty and seldom use/fill the far right pan.....

Dollar store cookie sheet pans made out of tin foil only heavier. They are throw away, keep on the
bed ways & if it get crunched it goes by by.get a bunch for cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

Dollar store cookie sheet pans made out of tin foil only heavier. They are throw away, keep on the
bed ways & if it get crunched it goes by by.get a bunch for cheap.

I use oven broiler pans, the ones i found were about $2 and never used. porcelin coated gray color and clean easy.
steve

If you want a really big one for the floor to catch drips etc... Walmart automotive department has ones that are made to set under your car to catch oil leaks... They are prob 24"X36" or something like that. (don't remember the price) or you could cut it to size and fold up the edges yourself... a little dab of JB wld in the corners and you could have a custom pan exactly the size you want/require.

If you want a really big one for the floor to catch drips etc... Walmart automotive department has ones that are made to set under your car to catch oil leaks... They are prob 24"X36" or something like that. (don't remember the price) or you could cut it to size and fold up the edges yourself... a little dab of JB wld in the corners and you could have a custom pan exactly the size you want/require.

I bought a stack of food trays and baking sheets from a restaurant auction house.

I also got my stainless steel tables from them and wire shelving.

Also got Stainless steel steam table trays. Great for parts when you are taking something apart.

Back