Chess piece - aluminium knight

pinkpanda3310

Registered
Registered
Got my cnc rigid enough to make stuff with aluminium

AL9nZEWsDQ0XmB4pDuZKQ8PaJxr6UAkC0s3XGiQOUIX2yrGrChJLN2nF7xWBqYaMDL2ken4iuk-SNWD0IZ4-MGpxukVyq_O1tWxRhx6b90SnB7QVt2hO-mLRDY8bG65uJDlrKw_363h-NuUKVgkTy9Fjp5Ev=w532-h943-no

Nice!
Tell me more about your machine, and what software you are using.

That is really cool.
Chuck

That looks amazing.

Looks like you could hit is with a Scotchbrite wheel and make it smooth.

If it is for a lathe set could leave a couple centimeters stock on the bottom, leave the base close but oversized so can finish the base on the lathe to match the others.

Just looked up info about the Milk-cr8 CNC machine. That is pretty cool.
Here is the link I found

If you have any pictures, would be interested in how you fixtured the knight and how many cutting operations.

That looks amazing.

Looks like you could hit is with a Scotchbrite wheel and make it smooth.

If it is for a lathe set could leave a couple centimeters stock on the bottom, leave the base close but oversized so can finish the base on the lathe to match the others.
That's a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try remember it when I get around to doing 31 other pieces

Just looked up info about the Milk-cr8 CNC machine. That is pretty cool.
Here is the link I found

If you have any pictures, would be interested in how you fixtured the knight and how many cutting operations.
Yeh, milk-cr8 kinda implies I built it. Not quite in my situation. This is the one I bought https://m.aliexpress.com/item/10050...id=2022121212483215060933741607960001457183_8

Aside from the vertical risers holding the gantry the whole frame is made of pvc plastic. I knew the plastic would need to be replaced but I bought it because it had linear rails and ball screws. It's my first cnc so it's been a steep learning curve. I'll try remember to upload a pic later of what it looks like after modification.

For the knight, I think it was 4 roughing passes with a 6mm ballnose bit then finish pass with 3.175mm (1/8") ballnose. I can get slightly more detail with an even smaller bit

Back