Cheap QCTP - any recommended?

Re: Cheap QCTP - any recommended?

Call & remind him again. He really does want to do the right thing, but he is a "one man" shop & forgets things time to time. Kind of like I do. Given a chance, he will make it right.

I don't think he really reads emails either. I ordered an 8" back plate, got the wrong thread size. Emailed him, no response after a week. Called & I had the correct back plate & a return UPS label within a few more days.

Like I said, he will make all attempts to make it right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill said:
Bill Gruby link=topic=1921.msg12318#msg12318 date=1304018901 said:
For what you want BXA Wedge Type. You will not be sorry. Also Jeff Beck stands behind everything he sells.

"Bill Gruby

Then MarkBall2 said:
MarkBall2 link=topic=1921.msg12562#msg12562 date=1304135269 said:
Basically the AXA is the QCTP you need, the BXA is just a smidge too tall. I've had both, the AXA works best on the compound. You will have to make a "tee" nut to hold it, as the original is too wide & metric.

Now I don't know what size to order. :(

Is there an advantage to using 5/8" square tools vs. 1/2" square tools?
They sure go up in price as the cutting tool gets bigger.

If I buy a BXA QCTP, am I forced to always use 5/8" vs. 1/2" tooling?

IF you get the BXA you can use up to 5/8" tooling, I use 5/16" tooling all the time in mine which is about the size of a BXA.

The heavier tool bits can with stand more abuse and heavier cuts and longer overhangs, where the smaller tool bits are great for finese cuts.

http://hobby-machinist.com/index.php?topic=1310.0 Here is the discussion I was having on QCTPs.

Walter

knudsen link=topic=1921.msg13055#msg13055 date=1304517550 said:
I see the phase II's are on sale again at Enco.

Some sale. They were $89 for years. Now $145

Back