Cheap Import Tilting Table - Worth its weight in...?

I didn't see much alternative as I didn't have $600+ and am too far behind on my projects to make one so for me the aforementioned table while probably not perfect has worked. I had it for a while before I used it and I made sure it wasn't a super crucial job. And the job came out better than I expected being a noob. I pondered the tilting vise vs the table and as it worked out the table was the right call because the part is totally odd and never would have able to use a vise for it.
"Worth it's weight in get 'er done" IMHO.

Last edited:
I have a 9x31 bed what size tilting table would be most appropriate? I'm thinking like vices you can go too big to be the most useful.

I have a 9x31 bed what size tilting table would be most appropriate? I'm thinking like vices you can go too big to be the most useful.

Do you have a rotary table? I suggest getting one to fit that. I only have a Yuasa 6" rotab so my tilting table is 5x7". It also fits a 3" Wilton screwless vise perfectly. Not all but the vast majority of projects that you'll do on such a table will be on the small side so unless there is a specific project for which you need a big one, go smaller. They tend to eat up space in Z really fast and you need enough headroom for your tooling.

I have a "Yusa" type 8" horizontal/vertical RT, and it's heavy

Yusa? Do you mean Yuasa? In any case, measure the mounting dimensions for your rotab and get a tilting table to at least fit that. If you tell me the dimensions, I'll help you look.

Grizzly brand Yuasa type RT

Thought it was a typo but you were serious!

I like the largest rotary table, angle plates, tilt table, etc., mainly because mounting an arbitrary part is easier on a large table. So I would go not for the OP’s 10”x7” table for $140, but the same mfg offers a 12”x10” for $170. For $30 more, that’s my choice. However, I am going out now to try Cadillac’s version. That looks fairly easy and can be made from scrap bin parts!

OP I hope you don't mind my climbing on here. I went a little big when I bought my mill, like the 6" Kurt, I went with an 8" RT. Horizontal is 10 1/2". the vertical mounting foot is 7 3/4 x 3 3/4. The cosmoline is still on the table.

I like that philosophy. :encourage:
My tilt is a 5x7 and it's a tad small to say the least.
I bought it at Enco when they still had a store in the Chicago area back in the '90s.
It was the only one they had in stock at the time.
Bigger at times is better and more usable.
I like the largest rotary table, angle plates, tilt table, etc., mainly because mounting an arbitrary part is easier on a large table. So I would go not for the OP’s 10”x7” table for $140, but the same mfg offers a 12”x10” for $170. For $30 more, that’s my choice. However, I am going out now to try Cadillac’s version. That looks fairly easy and can be made from scrap bin parts!

Back