Central Machinery

snoopdog

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
What is your experience with the higher end saw, the one with the coolant pump?

The Marvel brand vertical band saw iz the best. If you can find a uzed model 8, it will do everything way better than any other type.

I have the 7x12. I bought it in 2004 and it is made in Tiawan. It has worked flawlessly and no complaints. I see the new saws cost twice as much as they did when I bought mine.

I have the 7x12. I bought it in 2004 and it is made in Tiawan. It has worked flawlessly and no complaints. I see the new saws cost twice as much as they did when I bought mine.
Have an old Enco 7 x 12 that is a Taiwan machine made in 97. That thing is a beast. Probably the same as yours

Also have one. Picked it up for $200 a few years ago. Needed to replace the guide bearings, think it ran around $18 for a box of 10 on amazon. Other than that it has worked great. Has a coolant pump, but haven't gotten around to using it, just use a pushup tube of wax like lubricant. Still running the same blade it came with. I'd look for a used one before I'd pay what they are asking now, but I'm a cheap skate. Mike

Have an old Enco 7 x 12 that is a Taiwan machine made in 97. That thing is a beast. Probably the same as yours

IMG_20240105_110250466_HDR.jpg

Like the 4x6" the larger saws also seem to be pretty much the same across brands. I used a Jet 7x12" in my welding classes which appeared to be pretty much the same as what HF sells. It was older and had been under "the care" of high school students, but it worked fine. The Ellis mitering band saw that showed up during my second class was much nicer, but also probably 3-4x the price.

I do think as you get into the bigger saws it is worth looking around to see what vintage saws may be available. I got a Kalamazoo 6x10 a couple years ago for $350, and there is no way I'd trade it for a new Jet like they had in class. The Jet wasn't a bad saw, but the Kalamazoo is nicer even with 50 years of use.

Also have one. Picked it up for $200 a few years ago. Needed to replace the guide bearings, think it ran around $18 for a box of 10 on amazon. Other than that it has worked great. Has a coolant pump, but haven't gotten around to using it, just use a pushup tube of wax like lubricant. Still running the same blade it came with. I'd look for a used one before I'd pay what they are asking now, but I'm a cheap skate. Mike

View attachment 479980
I did finally hook up the cooling system on mine. Had to buy a new reservoir but it works well. Love this saw

Herez wut I'm tokking about. Found it on Ebay. Its the same az the wun I ran in 1985. They only want 10K$ for it. Therez an older model on Ebay for 3500$. but it looks like it iznt equiped with a coolant system including the pan and extendable side trayz.
MoRVL So.jpg

Most uv them I see in the Google rezults are selling for over 20,000$. many over 50,000$. They probably incude automated bar stock feeder systemz.

Looks exactly like mine, but I think mine is marketed as Jet. That one is missing the belt cover in addition to the broken end cover. Also appears that the blade tension adjustment has been broken off and replaced by a shop made piece. Looks like the whole unit took a tumble at some point. Mike

This is the one I'm looking at, seems solid, waiting to hear from the seller.

Back