Central Machinery 12x36 lathe parts

funkyfazel

Registered
Registered
Hello everyone,
Thank you to everyone who helped me with my last issue of getting my lathe Chuck locked into place. I have since got all the parts and now the chuck works great. My new issue now is I'm looking for parts for the saddle. I need the lead screw, dial and all the parts to hold it on. Does anybody know where to get actual parts for this machine. I bought some grizzly parts that I thought would work. They are not the same so I have to send them back. 1000005640.jpg

I have the same machine, fortunately I haven't needed any parts for mine since I set it up years ago (don't use it very often). My cross slide screw was bent when I received it and HF didn't carry parts anymore (2012). They wanted me to ship the whole machine back (not easy since I'm in Canada). I tried the Grizzly route for replacements, but they were different pitches. Just straightened mine out in the press.

Good luck with your search. If you do find a source I'd appreciate it if you could put it in the post. Some day I might need something too.

Glen

Hello everyone,
Thank you to everyone who helped me with my last issue of getting my lathe Chuck locked into place. I have since got all the parts and now the chuck works great. My new issue now is I'm looking for parts for the saddle. I need the lead screw, dial and all the parts to hold it on. Does anybody know where to get actual parts for this machine. I bought some grizzly parts that I thought would work. They are not the same so I have to send them back. View attachment 482611
What happened to this machine?

I don’t have a saddle but do have a compound that was from another 12x36. No way to know if it would work until you find the saddle.

Assume you’ve already hit up HF?

John

Back in the day when that machine was made, there was a flood of similar, but different, machines coming out of china, so finding exact match parts is going to be challenging.

Can you repair that screw? A good welder could likely weld a spud on the end, which you can machine with whatever threads needed to hold the handle on. And for the handle and dial, could you bush/bore out some similar parts and make them work?

What happened to this machine?

I don’t have a saddle but do have a compound that was from another 12x36. No way to know if it would work until you find the saddle.

Assume you’ve already hit up HF?

John
I have the saddle for it. I removed it to clean it up. I tried HF but no luck, the lathe was made in 1996 and the don't even list it as a machine that they have parts for.

Back in the day when that machine was made, there was a flood of similar, but different, machines coming out of china, so finding exact match parts is going to be challenging.

Can you repair that screw? A good welder could likely weld a spud on the end, which you can machine with whatever threads needed to hold the handle on. And for the handle and dial, could you bush/bore out some similar parts and make them work?
I got out in the shop yesterday and got the lead screw fixed. I was able to turn it down and thread it for a new handle I made.

Back