Central 12X36 lathe with some tooling for sale near me

Tom, just saw this South Bend 9a listed on facebook market place in boise. May not be the size you are looking for; but it looks like a great deal for its pictured condition. Condition of ways appears to show some flaking along the entire ways. If I had the room for another 4.5 foot SB9a (I have 2), I would drive the 4.5 hours to buy it myself. Yes, I am a South Bend junkie. I have no relationship whatsoever with the listing.

The Central Machinery lathe got sold. Whether it was for the asking price or not, I don't know, but somebody bought it. The Southbend Shagdog listed, I am second in line for.

The Central Machinery lathe got sold. Whether it was for the asking price or not, I don't know, but somebody bought it. The Southbend Shagdog listed, I am second in line for.
Keep us posted, please.

You can add 1000 to that and get a base model new lathe...

If the SB doesn't work out, remember that you aren't too far from Portland, and there are almost always a few lathes in that size and price range available. Just be willing to drive for the right deal, and don't settle.

If the SB doesn't work out, remember that you aren't too far from Portland, and there are almost always a few lathes in that size and price range available. Just be willing to drive for the right deal, and don't settle.
Actually, I've seen them much less expensive, and more accessories; however, I have yet to see one with some flaking still left on the ways near the chuck end. I would have to see it in person; however, it looks to be in very good overall condition. Like I said earlier, if I had the space, I would have tried to check out the SB9a.

Actually, I've seen them much less expensive, and more accessories; however, I have yet to see one with some flaking still left on the ways near the chuck end. I would have to see it in person; however, it looks to be in very good overall condition. Like I said earlier, if I had the space, I would have tried to check out the SB9a.
Well, the guy in front of me bought the SB, so the search continues. Thanks for all the good advice and good will.

Back