CB 1220 XL Which quick change tool post and thread cutting

mac1911

Registered
Registered
I have a CB 1220 XL
What QC tool post fits/works
I see AXA, OXA and other terms ?
Also can anyone point me in a direction to see how threads are cut on this particular machine.
I for the life if me between the poor directions and what I see looking at the machine cant make sense of it.
What im seeing is I would need to flip the cutting tool upside down?

I have the same machine and AXA is the correct size quick change for this machine. Except for maybe a cut off tool, I don't know why you would want to cut upside down.

Look at some of the projects I have posted here for shots of mine.

BTW the big 13/16ths hold down bolt is what they call a Chicago bolt. It has internal threads inside its shaft. I cut off the end of the bolt. Then I drilled hole in the bottom end of the bolt and tapped it the same size thread as the stud that sticks up out of the compound rest.

Dave

cylinder9.JPG

I have the same machine and AXA is the correct size quick change for this machine. Except for maybe a cut off tool, I don't know why you would want to cut upside down.

BTW the big 13/16ths hold down bolt is what they call a Chicago bolt. It has internal threads inside its shaft. I cut off the end of the bolt. Then I drilled hole in the bottom end of the bolt and tapped it the same size thread as the stud that sticks up out of the compound rest.

Dave

View attachment 423887
Thanks
I figured it out , the “E” gear or reversing gear was used.
Im not sure what the previous owner had it set up for but it was nothing I could see being usful except some really course LH threads

Here is how it was
4E88C180-5ED3-49AC-A809-76C93ED94B22.jpeg
Smithy left a message on my phone and loosely described what the unit should have on it
Still un clear is what the correct pulley should be there for the E gear. Im guessing its the 27 tooth gear?

Oh and there is a gear below the main drive gear. What gear goes there. I think I have the correct one installed. See picture belowF15AABC0-8E62-40D6-A84D-C2D1CDEDE461.jpeg

Dave

View attachment 423887
Thanks , been working on this thing over past few weekends. Bit of a mess and lack of any real care ir maintenance over the past 20 years does not help.
I know one thing, the original tool post is already driving me nuts!

Back