Casting IN/ON the lathe?

strantor

Active User
Registered
This Russian dude does a lot of unorthodox stuff, real outside-the-box thinker. But IMO he wandered a little too far from the box on this one:

The risk vs reward equation on this must yield an imaginary number.

Maybe…but the guy has made some impressive attachments for his lathe… And many tools/machines for other stuff he makes…

For the experienced folks here, it might seem like nothing, but for me, I am in awe watching…

Dang! That guy has some confidence, perhaps edited into the video, but inspiring just the same.

Wish I could understand Russian. My sons girlfriend is from Azeribjian and we just spent a weekend with her family as her brother goes off to college in the states. She was pretty exhausted translating the Russian/English conversations all weekend. Probably time for me to learn.

Good excuse to watch more Russian machining videos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe…but the guy has made some impressive attachments for his lathe… And many tools/machines for other stuff he makes…

For the experienced folks here, it might seem like nothing, but for me, I am in awe watching…
I think what he makes would be considered impressive by just about anyone, anywhere. I have also been awed by lots of his stuff. Especially the polygon turning attachment he made. Most of his videos have subtitles but not all, some of them it translates most of what he says but not all. So not always being able to understand what he's saying and having to just figure it out by watching sometimes, makes it seem even more like magic.

When I saw him set up that funnel I thought "he isn't about to do what I think he's about to do, is he?" And then he did it. I could not believe it. No PPE, no shield, no safety precautions of any kind that I could discern. He just went for it, with total confidence that it wouldn't leak, that he wouldn't overfill it, that it wouldn't change dimensions and fall out of the chuck, that he wouldn't spill any, etc. The list of ways it could it have gone wrong and the potential catastrophic consequences are hard to consider. I hope he at least tested it with water beforehand.

Wish I could understand Russian. My sons girlfriend is from Azeribjian and we just spent a weekend with her family as her brother goes off to college in the states. She was pretty exhausted translating the Russian/English conversations all weekend. Probably time for me to learn.
Do you speak any other languages? I've hear that Russian is a hard one to learn. But should be easier if it's a 3rd language or higher. Learning a second language is the hardest I think (especially if it's as inconsistent as English).
Well in that case he's definitely worth subscribing to. Just keep in mind he apparently has little regard for his own safety so whatever he's doing at any given time deserves some thought before replicating it.

Dang! That guy has some confidence, perhaps edited into the video, but inspiring just the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turn the sound off and watch the subtitles; only problem is you (at least I do) have to watch twice since my visual multitasking isygreat.

Back