Cart for sandblaster

Old Iron

Active User
Registered
I picked up one of the small blasters from H.F. when I went to the V.A. Tuesday and it needs sometimg to get it up higher.I had to do some hard looking to find enough of the 2 X 2 X 3/16 to build it. I put casters on it so I could move it else where when I'm not using it.Now all I need is somebody to help me get it in place.Paul

Cart.JPG Blaster.JPG

Paul

I had the same bead blaster and it is sitting on my work mate in the middle of the shop. You have given my the answer on what to do with it.

I found that the nozzle is poorly made and needed some mods. Because of the loose fit where the nozzle end hooks to the trigger side I had to machine a sleeve so the air nozzle was centered in the chamber where it picks up the glass beads. Also had to shim the ceramic nozzle so it was centered in the air nozzle. Next problem was the stuff I was blasting had big pieces of ceramic shell coming off and getting sucked up and plugging every thing up. I cut some screen up and attached it to the pick up pipe so it only lets material that will pass through the nozzle get picked up. Now it does a good job of blasting.

Dave

Dave
I've got a better gun some where that I'll use if I can find it. i have a bigger blast cabnet for the other stuff just going to use this one for machined parts that I'm going to blacken using glass beads.

Paul

Back