Can anyone identify this insert?

Dhector

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I got this small boring bar with the 6913 I bought several years ago and it doesnt have any markings other than someone trying to put initials on it. Appears to be factory and not homemade. The insert was chipped on one end, and I finished the other end off yesterday. I drew a pic of what it looks like(crossways) since it is so small. It seemed to work really well and id like to find inserts, and possibly buy the same style but bigger bars. Thanks for any help at all.

20210126_144513.jpg20210126_144525.jpg20210126_144701.jpg20210126_144604.jpg

Not a top notch is it ?

Here is all the pieces to it. Maybe this will help out.

Attachments

• 20210126_160355.jpg
    20210126_160355.jpg
    715.8 KB · Views: 16
Not sure what the heck they are , but I have them in the basement . Save for another night off .

The Everede bars use a triangular tool bit, a bit longer than the slot in the bar, and are (I think) sharpened on the end. I do not know if they offered carbide, the one that I think I still have is HSS.

Not sure what the heck they are , but I have them in the basement . Save for another night off .
I think I remember seeing you were selling some items. Am I correct on that? If that is correct and you locate some I may be interested. Thanks again.

The Everede bars use a triangular tool bit, a bit longer than the slot in the bar, and are (I think) sharpened on the end. I do not know if they offered carbide, the one that I think I still have is HSS.
I did a quick search on the everede bars but didnt find anything in the short time I had to look. Will look into it further later. Thanks again.

For a future endever . :)

I think I remember seeing you were selling some items. Am I correct on that? If that is correct and you locate some I may be interested. Thanks again.

I did a quick search on the everede bars but didnt find anything in the short time I had to look. Will look into it further later. Thanks again.
I would doubt that they are still around, they go way back ---

Back