Can anyone help me identify this rather large Atlas Lathe

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg LC,

You have a great looking Clausing 100 mk 3 lathe with the quick change gearbox and dual-speed pulley.

Can you upload a photo of the label on your tail stock?

I have my Dad's Clausing 100 mk3 standard lathe which he purchased in the early 1970's. It does not have the QCGB. At the right side end of the bed, there should be a four digit stamped number which is the serial number. My lathe is S/N 5396 and does not have the label on the tail stock. Believe it was made at the tail end of the war or just after.

Original thought the lathe was an Atlas since there is no markings on the lathe indicating who manufactured the lathe.
All the paper work I have referred to Atlas and the owners/parts manual is for a Atlas 4800 model.

Nice thing with my lathe had the original Clausing enclosed cabinet. Here are a few pics.

Enjoy your new machine, Bob G.

Am going to sell this Clausing... Too much lathe for me, I am learning quickly as a scale model maker I really would be better suited with a good jewelers lathe with the right cutting tools and attachments. I just will never really use this for the many things this big lathe can make... Here's the photo Model 111 Serial # 1-9355Clausing Close.JPG The guy at Clausing told me where this was sold and to whom back in 1949.... And there are still some parts for this at the factory. Anyone wants a very clean really nice LARGE lathe let me know it's on wheels right on the ground floor where you can back a pick up right up to it.

Interesting thread ,I have a Fortis lathe which is a clausing 100 4800 clone .

Sean

FORTIS LATHE.jpg

Back