Can a rigid shop vac be used on my mini surface grinder?

This does a fine job when I surface grind. There will always be some residual dust in the immediate area of the grinder table and mag chuck. I run this thing enclosed in my shop and I do not find dust in other areas.

Welding fumes are a different matter all together. If you're concerned about welding fumes, I suspect this unit would serve as a good fan to suck air from one place and blow it out a window. As for protection from organic poisioning, for that, you need a well fitting and appropriately outfitted face mask.

Ray

Thanks Ray,
that looks like the price is right, but will it get the dust from a surface grinder, as well as any fumes from a spot welder. I have most of my grinding machines in one room, with only one window
to open. I have a full face mask with cartridges and a heap vacuum for any carbide I may grind, but my baldor carbide grinder are in a different room with my other delta grinder for HSS.
THANKS,JON

Hi Ray,
thanks alot, for the links and info. I have a good full face mask and sounds like once i get thise two products for dust collection and to direct the fumes from the spotwelder to the open window.
Great idea. When i srarted looking at some of the brand name dust and/or fumes were close to 1000. Or pricing was unavailable, which is probably more.
Thanks again,
Jon

I'm confused by the design above.

Do the Bags NOT Collapse on themselves and limit the surface are for dust to be collected upon when the System is turned on.
It looks to me like the direction of the airflow is wrong for the way the bags are mounted.

For this to operate efficiently it would require the bags to be mounted upside down so the bags would expand with air flow not collapse, and the HEAPA Filter to be suspended above them.

or is it just me ?

For this to operate efficiently it would require the bags to be mounted upside down so the bags would expand with air flow not collapse, and the HEAPA Filter to be suspended above them.

Normally bags set up like that have a frame inside to keep them from collapsing, at least the big ones are built that way.

Back