Can a functioning threading proximity and resistive braking be added to a VFD007E11A

WobblyHand

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
In a little while I hope to have a new to me Grizzly lathe with a built in VFD. (G0752Z.) It would be great if I could add a proximity switch and resistive braking to this. It would be terrific to have this for threading. Does anyone know if this is possible with this unit? I believe the VFD is VFD007E11A. The corresponding keypad is KPE-LE02. Is this a matter of hooking up an appropriate switches (inductive proximity?) and a safety switch in series and programming the unit? Will the brake resistor be functional?

I know very little about the subject, so my apologies in advance, if I appear totally unknowledgeable. I have the VFD manual, but haven't found much information on programming strategy. The manual has a parameter section, Chapter 4, and a keypad description in Appendix B.8.

I haven't studied the parameters fully, so I will do that. Is the Grizzly unit locked? Is there a way to read out the parameters, so they could be saved or restored?

That is a Delta E series VFD.

Back