Camlock back plate

celsoari

Registered
Registered
my lathe has a camlock type, in this video I demonstrate how I built a camlock back plate:

o meu torno tem um encaixe do tipo camlock, neste video demonstro como eu construi uma flange camlock para uma placa autocentrante de 4 castanhas:

cheers
Celso Ari

Nice job. I saw you give the thumbs & up when it looked like it fit and obviously nice low runout. Did you blue the spindle nose to check for fit of teh turned taper behind the scenes or you could just tell by feel? Reason I ask is I had to fit a faceplate that had the correct taper but was not quite flush to the vertical surface. I had to lap it (off the lathe of course) but the only way I could verify fit progress was by blueing.

Nice job. I saw you give the thumbs & up when it looked like it fit and obviously nice low runout. Did you blue the spindle nose to check for fit of teh turned taper behind the scenes or you could just tell by feel? Reason I ask is I had to fit a faceplate that had the correct taper but was not quite flush to the vertical surface. I had to lap it (off the lathe of course) but the only way I could verify fit progress was by blueing.

I did it with 7º, 7 " angle . And left it facing with the back. (adjusting) sorry my english is not very good
here we speak Portugues

Back