Bushing That Just Don't Fit???

Good morning guys,well my 9/16 x 11/16 bronze bushings came in yesterday and I press them into the gears.The first one is perfect and rotates on the shaft with a fingers spin and no more wiggle.Now the other gear is a different story,press it into the gear and went to put the shaft in but its a little tight.Its to where I have to turn the gear kinda screw it onto the shaft.Now that the gear is in the sweet spot of the shaft it does turn but not by fingers spin.Its like I need to remove just a shadow thickness,which means anything remove may be to much.So how would a person go about just removing a very small amount?The temptation would be to use sandpaper fitted around your index finger then rotate the gear couple turns but that's just not right.I did chuck up the gear and was going to give that a try but its not centered perfectly.
Guys I could just go ahead and install the gear the way it is cause I'm sure over a little use it will fit but just trying to help make it the best it can be.----kroll

Leave it be as it will fit perfectly after several revolutions.
Relax and take a deep breath. Feel better?
If your lathe parts are not holding the wings onto the aircraft do not worry about it, work with what you have. You can throw much money at engine lathes looking for "accuracy" which is limited by how well it can be measured by you. I suspect that you may have tenth reading mics, do an experiment for us, turn a piece of steel to .5005 diameter using the tenth reading tools, I will then mail you a Vermont Gauge .5005 pin to check it against, interesting and a challenge (-:

Guys I feel better,at first after posting the question I read my post and started thinking how kinda ignorant the question sounds but to me it made sense.Thanks for the help---kroll

Guys I feel better,at first after posting the question I read my post and started thinking how kinda ignorant the question sounds but to me it made sense.Thanks for the help---kroll
Excellent decision, do not expect absolute results from a simple machine tool regardless of how much you paid for it or it's "brand". One frustrating obstacle when teaching hobbyist's is the accuracy thing compounded by "the book says do it this way". These are guidelines not rules that must be followed at all times.
I have a close friend that builds model hit or miss engines, he turns up every few months with questions and a problem, he does everything by the drawings supplied.
During his last visit he lamented that he was having trouble with the cylinder bore diameter which is 7/8", I gave him a 2 over reamer which he declined, it appears that in the model engine making world .002 is to big and a reamed finish is to smooth in order to seat the piston "rings". At this point I gave up.

Back