Brought home a SIPP sensitive drill press.

stevewatr

Active User
Registered
Much to the dismay of the Mrs., I have acquired yet another "piece of junk" as she calls it. I on the other hand am thrilled. This was only 45 minutes away from me on CL, and after seeing it up for over a month, I drove out to see it, and struck a deal. Can't wait to get it cleaned up, and running. Started another video series following my progress. Here is a link to part 1, where I take it apart to fit it down the basement, and talk a little about the history. I will update this thread, as more videos are uploaded, so feel free to subscribe to this thread, or my youtube page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGJsWwP9CGU

Steve W.

that's not junk, it's treasure! Never seen a drill press like that, looking forward to the restoration :)

Hey Steve, that press looks like a great restoration project! Will be watching as you bring it back to life. Rare find sounds like.

David

Much to the dismay of the Mrs., I have acquired yet another "piece of junk" as she calls it. I on the other hand am thrilled. This was only 45 minutes away from me on CL, and after seeing it up for over a month, I drove out to see it, and struck a deal. Can't wait to get it cleaned up, and running. Started another video series following my progress. Here is a link to part 1, where I take it apart to fit it down the basement, and talk a little about the history. I will update this thread, as more videos are uploaded, so feel free to subscribe to this thread, or my youtube page.

Steve W.

That looks nearly as stout as my Avey, though the latter is newer and in better shape.

well, I'm sure that whatever you end up doing will make it look and work better than it does now :)

Hey Steve, that press looks like a great restoration project! Will be watching as you bring it back to life. Rare find sounds like.

David

Thanks David. I'l keep this forum updated with progress. Need to get the Hendey and Atlas lathes set up first. My shop is so crowded, I can't walk around!

Steve.

That should make a nice drill with a little work. Can't wait to see some chips. I see you have several projects started. My wife calls my stuff junk too!

That should make a nice drill with a little work. Can't wait to see some chips. I see you have several projects started. My wife calls my stuff junk too!
As if I am not on thin ice already, I talked to a guy today who has another lathe that is tempting me…..but I can't even walk around the basement right now! :whiteflag:

I have the drill press, and 2 lathes "in progress" now, bringing home another is just plain ….:nuts:

Steve.

Back