Bringing a PM-1054TV-3PH into my Garage

Hi to all, I am new here. I rent a small warehouse, my man cave. I am retired. Here is my method for moving equipment into, and around my shop.
I have pulled a Bridgeport into the shop, and a 2 ton lathe. Here I am dragging my new PM 935 in. I move the winch to pull in whatever direction I need to go. You may not want to drill holes in your garage floor, but this method works. Winch is a Warn PullzAll, and I use a pulley block depending on the pull. I drill all the way thru the concrete, and use 5/8 to 3/4 grade 8 bolts. I have made welded anchors that I used to lag to the floor, but found that drilling and inserting a bolt works fine.
The lathe was loaded onto my trailer with a forklift. I had a wrecker lift it off, and set it on steel sheet. I welded on pull points, , and dragged it in with the winch. You can see the 2x2-1/4 wall welded on the plate in the lathe photo. Sitting on the plate, the lathe drags easy.
I try to keep the least amount of cable on the winch as possible. I did all the moving alone, and am very careful. I have a lot of winching experience, I was an off roader , been stuck many times, and winched or pulled out a lot of buried vehicles.
The lathe is a Knuth V turn 410. I bought it used, it is a 2010, and I have had it several years. I am no expert, but the Knuth is a fine machine from my experience with it, 7.4 hp, variable speed. I wanted the pm 1054, but decided against it simply because I had the BP, and as I said, move everything alone and the 1054 is a beast. That said, I have no doubt the winch could drag it in and around, maybe using 2 pulley blocks. I have an A-Frame with chain hoist to get the machines off the pallets. Getting things off the pallets is more work, and dangerous, then dragging them in and around.
I just put the pm935 on a base, with casters and screw jacks. Casters are rated at 1540 lbs each, Foot Masters, model GDH3, 3 inch wheels. The socket for the jack bolt fits into the hole in the base, so a simple matter to raise/lower the jacks. The GDH3 casters are very nice, ordered them on Home Depot, about $80 each, which i thought was a bargain.
The casters are beefy, and I am amazed at how easily the mill pushes on the casters. I would recommend the GDH3 casters if you are making a movable base. Casters are bolted on plate welded to channel .
The last photo is the mill in place and parked.

Attachments

• IMG_0449.jpeg
    IMG_0449.jpeg
    270.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0272.jpeg
    IMG_0272.jpeg
    518 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0333.jpeg
    IMG_0333.jpeg
    571.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0556.jpeg
    IMG_0556.jpeg