Bridgeport series 1 wiring

Aarongerike

Registered
Registered
Would anyone have Bridgeport wiring diagram 1927773 ? I am attempting to revive a series 1 cnc that the previous owner seems to have taken a side cutters to almost every wire in the cabinets. I need to figure out what controls run on what voltage, and what the transformer outputs are. I am intending to eliminate the 3 phase portion and run the head with a VFD that will be controlled by the original control switches.

I'm using this machine as kind of an experiment. Besides the VFD run off the original control panel, I will be removing what's left of the cnc system and replacing it with something more modern. So if anyone is interested in the cnc cabinet for the possibility of good parts, its available and extremely cheap. Not sure what's good, previous owner butchered it.

Sounds like fun project. Is the goal to keep it looking original with new controls under the covers?

I can't find any electrical documentation for that machine. It may be an interesting reverse engineering project. Maybe you can post some pictures of what electrical hardware you have there now, we might be able to help figure it out.

Back