Bridgeport power feed question.

hotrats

andy harwood
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I purchased a lathe from a machinist friend when our workplace closed. He threw in this power feed, basically because he was selling everything and moving states for work. He told me nothing was wrong with it, that work just replaced it with a new one. Stuff like that happened all the time at work.
I'd like to sell it, as I have no use for it. After looking on ebay, I see they are right pricey. I was hoping y'all could help me set a value on it, and/or offer guidance on it.
Thanking you in advanceb3.jpg

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 9
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 9
  • b5.jpg
    b5.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 10
  • b6.jpg
    b6.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 10
It's a boat anchor. I have one, which I was able to fix relatively inexpensively when I got it, but if it malfunctions again, I will likely remove it and put a Servo import clone on it.

They are a pain to work on. I suspect the asking price on these is so high because there are people out there that will pay it because it says Bridgeport on it. It's kinda like South Bend stuff, but maybe not as cultish.

You should be able to plug it in and see if it works, at least as far as you can tell without it being on a machine.
Also, when checking prices on eBay, it's best to check the completed/sold listings for a more realistic idea of what the item is actually worth.

It's a boat anchor. I have one, which I was able to fix relatively inexpensively when I got it, but if it malfunctions again, I will likely remove it and put a Servo import clone on it.

They are a pain to work on. I suspect the asking price on these is so high because there are people out there that will pay it because it says Bridgeport on it. It's kinda like South Bend stuff, but maybe not as cultish.
I totally love the “Original” Bridgeport power feeds. Nothing lasts forever. And the BPPF is one example. If you can understand “ALL” of its quirks and fix them (correctly!). You will end up with the best PF you could own, IMHO.

You should be able to plug it in and see if it works, at least as far as you can tell without it being on a machine.
Also, when checking prices on eBay, it's best to check the completed/sold listings for a more realistic idea of what the item is actually worth.
Thanks for the reply. It says 90 & 100 volts DC on the motor? I was going by the sold ebay prices.

I totally love the “Original” Bridgeport power feeds. Nothing lasts forever. And the BPPF is one example. If you can understand “ALL” of its quirks and fix them (correctly!). You will end up with the best PF you could own, IMHO.

Thanks for the response! As I stated, I've no need, and been sitting on the shelf for 8 or so yrs. Time to clean up some. So, is it 90-100 volt DC as the motor label lists? I didn't want to damage anything. Thanks for any insight. Andyh

Yes, it is DC at the motor. The control box converts 120V AC to the DC and controls the rotation speed of the motor. The control box is the weak point, and there are repairs/upgrades available if it goes bad.

If you plug it in and the motor powers up and speed varies someone will buy it.

Yes, it is DC at the motor. The control box converts 120V AC to the DC and controls the rotation speed of the motor. The control box is the weak point, and there are repairs/upgrades available if it goes bad.

If you plug it in and the motor powers up and speed varies someone will buy it.
So, safe to plug into 120v AC?

Back