Bridgeport M head motor pulley

tekym

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Looking for a step pulley for the motor on a Bridgeport M head. I recently picked up an M head and motor, but the seller wasn't able to find the motor pulley.

Will also accept measurements of the pulley so I can maybe assemble one out of single pulleys keyed together.

Yup, still in need of a pulley or measurements for one.

Bump. I'm looking into just getting a new step pulley since I haven't seen any examples of an original pulley being available anywhere, but if I understand correctly, it needs to have the same spacing between steps that the original does so that the belt tension stays the same between steps. I know the original also has 6 steps, and I'm only able to find 4- and 5-step step pulleys available new. Since I don't have the original pulley to look at, I don't really know what to get to replace it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you talked with H&W Machine?

John

You could get a 4 or 5 step pulley of the same belt and bore size. I do not need the 6th step on my mill’s motor. Do not need that much speed and pretty unlikely that you will. And if you need more length, I would make a motor shaft extension.

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpeg
    IMG_3498.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back