Bridgeport Head Or Motor

dcheff

Active User
Registered
I am in need of a bridgeport motor for my variable speed head or a complete new j head for my mill. Closer to flint michigan the better. My buddy came out and wired in my phase converter and the motor lasted about 30 seconds before letting out the magic smoke. Triple checked everything and it is all done correctly so it must have been a coincidence. lathe is still running just fine. anywyas feel free to give me a call, 517-977-8704.

I have a variable speed head with a bad motor to trade for a jhead if that is the deal that comes up.

As you know these are expensive.
Would it be less expensive to take the motor in to a local motor rebuild shop and have them rewind the armature or whatever it takes?
Then you get a new motor.
Note, I don't know anything about the process.

Daryl
MN

To get my motor rebuilt is about 900 thats why im looking for a good used unit

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yep.
That's about what I'm seeing in MN.
Upside is that you get a new motor.
I've not been burnt by a HM member.
Be careful from other sources. But, that could happen here as well.
You might even watch for a machine that has otherwise nearly been used up.

Daryl
MN

yeah, I had a complete j head with digital readout here local for 500 bucks, but i was to busy with work to go pick it up. needless to say it is gone now.

I picked up a J head from Leeko (one of our members).
Needs a rebuild. No motor. Price was right, freight cost me a cup of coffee, and I wanted the adventure.
If you score a complete machine, I might be interested in some parts!!

Daryl
MN

Ok I will let you know. Right now Ill take damn near anything. just want to get back to making chips again.

I get it!!
Just to let you know that if you end up with extras...
Also, tell your significant other (and/or banker) that redundancy is critical.
If you don't have three lathes and three mills you won't be ready for the big order of parts when they call!

Daryl
MN

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS TOUCH THEIR MILL.

Back