Bridgeport bearing locknut size?

mtnlvr

Active User
Registered
I'm replacing the bearings in the step pulley housing and am missing the inner locking ring. Does anyone have one they could give me dimensions off of so I could make one?
step pulley assb..png
It's part #2 in the parts breakdown. Thanks for your help.

step pulley assb..png

Last edited:
Unless someone has their machine apart to measure it, I don't think you are going to get a quick answer on this one.

I was hoping to turn one on the lathe instead of buying one. After all that's part of the reason we have these machines.
I know it's a long shot someone would also have theirs apart but, didn't know if someone had a spare laying around they could measure.
Thanks for the replys so far.

I am a little confused, you can not measure the mating part to make it fit? You should already have the info you need.

Randy, I can get the inner thread size from the shaft but don't know the amount of clearance between the inner and outer locknut.
Also, the outer nut has a shelf with a lip inside it. Does the inner nut screw down and contact the lip or is there a groove cut in the
bottom so it sits over the lip? Thanks

I am sorry George, I can not answer those questions without taking the machine apart. I think you have a decision to make, you'll either have to R & D the part fit and design or break down and buy the part. I am sorry this is the best I can help you with at this time. I know you were hoping someone already had a machine in pieces that could get you a drawing but, it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Unless you are willing to wait. Good luck.

It's probably a $5.00 part. I would think you could find something more complicated to make. :banghead:

Back