Bridgeport 2J2 Vari Head Upper Parts

dansawyer

Registered
Registered
I have a Bridgeport Series 1 CNC mill that is missing the top parts in the head, roughly from the cast iron up. The parts needed include:
1. The bottom half aluminum casting
2. The vari pulley mechanism
3. The bearings
4. The shafts, pins, nuts and bolts, etc.
5. The upper aluminum casting
6. The motor
What is have in place is the low speed shaft and the 'splined' main drive shaft. The high low shift lever is in place and moves the main drive shaft.
Thank you,
Dan

Finding all those parts your better off finding a head.
It will be expensive to buy individual items even used.
There are many people selling BP parts

Parially solved. I have found the upper sections from a BOSS 8. It has filled in the drive parts. I am now missing the lower casting. I will repost for that request.

I've several Jheads on the shelf. One of which is just a parts head.
Please email me if you need something I'll take a look. They may not be the series for which you are looking.
Daryl
MN

I normally avoid bad reviews of a somewhat local business. However, I ordered some items from h and w last month. The first problem was the diagram. Debbie was very courteous and sent me to another gal, don’t recall her name. Heather straightened the problem out. Diagram list said worm gear not screw. I asked Heather a couple of questions. She was not helpful at best. She seemed upset with being bothered with 2 minutes of her time. Additionally, wrong parts were shipped. Item number on package matched shipping invoice and there parts list. As the shift handles were quite a bit more monetarily. I notified them and it was corrected. Here goes nothin. Placing another order in about an hour.

I use High Quality Tools Inc.one of the Original Bridgeport suppliers and Home of SERVO brand products. I have various heads if you are looking for solutions

Last edited:
First of ever hearing a problem with h&w. They were super helpful when getting the correct circuit board for my servo powerrfeed. Maybe a bad day or a newbie. They will make it right I’m sure.

Back