Brand New 2023 PM Mills -- PM-739V and PM-739M

Badabinski

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Interesting.
That "knee" looks more like "wedge" than anything else. The 739 mill weighs 1100 lbs, including the stand, whereas the 833T weighs 1050 or so with the stand. If you must have a benchtop knee mill, then that one would be the one. It is also made in China vs. Taiwan.
It seems like more of a gimmick to me, especially at $5400 + $500 shipping. Yikes.

The weakest link on that mill looks to be the elevating screw for the knee. How robust is the area where it attaches to the base?

I'm surprised at the size.
Initially I assumed they were going for a small knee mill like the Clausing 8520, Rockwell 21-100 or Burke Millrite, but this is pretty much the same size as the smaller Bridgeport clones. Only advantage I can see vs something like the PM835S is the price. It is still 7 feet tall, takes up about the same floor space and is only a little lighter in weight. To me anything over 1000lbs is no longer relatively easy to move.

It maybe a nice machine, but the general rule of thumb for the PM product descriptions: "If it does not say it is made in Taiwan then it is not." So just know what you are getting. I will not purchase another Chinese made machine as it has been too much work to make it into a satisfactory machine. (The QC is unpredictable..... or maybe it is predicable...... unsatisfactory.)

Back