Brake Caliper Machining

RandyM

Mr. Deliberate
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I bought a remanufactured brake caliper for my 85 Corvette. Come to find out the brake hose counter bore was too deep and I could not get a thick enough seating washer before the hose fitting bottomed out on the casting. The original caliper was nicely machined properly. So rather than send it back and hope for the best, I mounted it in on my milling machine and solved the problem. I plugged the hole to keep the chips out of the caliper. Worked like a charm. Here is my solution and set up.

85 Vette Caliper Machining 02.JPG 85 Vette Caliper Machining 03.JPG 85 Vette Caliper Machining 04.JPG 85 Vette Caliper Machining 05.JPG

Randy, You, no doubt are a creative thinker
Dave

See Randy, that Vette just causes you problems. You probably ought to give it to me. I've been bad and therefor a lot more deserving of problems.

See Randy, that Vette just causes you problems. You probably ought to give it to me. I've been bad and therefor a lot more deserving of problems.

What problems? All I see is a challenge, fun, and satisfaction. It is all a mater of a state of mind, once I got over the shoddy workmanship of a re-worked caliper. :bawling:

Back