Bostar Qctp

Just bought a Bostar AXA on the recommendation of this forum and others. My criteria were cheap, 'good enough for hobby work', and not shipped from the US. Given the natural law of projects with 3 criteria, I picked the first two. ;) (Bostar ships from the US)

I'm a recent Bostar owner and I'm very satisfied with what I got. I'm not a heavy user of my lathe, so other's opinions likely have greater weight, but it works as expected and was a nice improvement over the lantern I had been using.

I recently purchased an AXA Bostar QCTP for my lathe. To reiterate what was already pointed out. It was a little rough when I got it so I also took mine apart and thoroughly cleaned it. I then continued to have a problem with it just not staying tighten to the t-slot stud and I finally noticed that the supplied flange nut was threaded WAY OFF CENTER. That’s just not the kind of thing we are used to seeing in quality USA nuts and bolts. Anyway I mounted it backwards on the stud and carefully ground the base of the nut centered to the threads. Now the nut fully seats to the QCTP.

I have an axa wedge. Been working great.

I have a Bostar AXA wedge. I am happy with it. I did have to shorten the threads on the lever. They were too long and were interfering with the center spindle. No big deal.

O.K. due to the good reports I got here, I have purchased and installed a Bostar axa. I am exceedingly happy with it. Thanks for all the replies

Back