Bostar Qctp

gonzo

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Seeking opinions on Bostar QCTP.

I have a bostar AXA , works great, about 3.5 years old.
I took it apart immediately, cleaned, re-greased. Bought a precut t nut on ebay, and got to work. At the time I had no way of cutting the T Nut.

4 years ago, as a total beginner, I paid more for a Phase II QCTP (still from China but cost more so must be better quality, right). Now, 4 years later, knowing what I know, if I needed another one, it would be a Bostar!!! Hope this helps, JR49

I had an axa on my atlas 12x36. Same here took it apart and cleaned it up first. I cut the T-nut on my lathe with the milling attachment. Pretty easy job. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. Im actually going to place an order soon for more tool holders for my BXA.

I have the Bostar AXA and I love it. I've had an Aloris AXA in the past, and I can honestly say that performance wise, I couldn't notice a difference. Best off, it came with 7 tool holders for 138.00 delivered to my door.

I have a Bostar AXA wedge type and am satisfied. had it about 3 years now

I have a Bostar CXA wedge type. Worked OK out of the box but was a little sloppy for my liking. The internals are pretty rough and were not bored concentric making for poor fits. I made a new center nut and stud to tighten things up. Work fine now.

I purchased a bxa borstar quick change with various holders and xl holders .Its fine for what i am doing and i would buy another one tomorrow if i needed one .I should take it apart and clean and regrease like other people have but to be honest it feels okay so have not bothered .

I have a Bostar BXA wedge style on my Clausing 12" x 24", works great, never had an issue.

Bruce

I have the Bostar AXA on my Crafstman Commercial 12 x 36 for 2 years now and really like it. I wouldn't hesitate to by another one.
I did the same thing Maroast did and cut the T-Nut on my milling attachment on the lathe and it works great.
Make sure you take it apart and clean it good before using.

Back