boreing the simple way

Another option with greater flexibility than a single reamer, and far less expensive than a boring head, is to make or purchase a single point cutter (fly cutter).

While not nearly as easy to use/accurate as a boring head or reamer. With enough fiddling you can get the results you want.
Additionally, the have can be used in a mill (surfacing). Please don't mill in a drill press.
Please be very careful about choosing an appropriate RPM and grinding the cutting tool with appropriate clearance.
But, as Terry has appropriately pointed out it may not work well in every DP depending on rigidity and runout.

There are many free plans on the internet. Or used shop made ones can be picked up cheap.

Daryl
MN

I would worry about stress on the spindle throwing around a off balanced boring head. I think drills and reamers are the way to go on a DP. Unless it's an old and stout machine

I would worry about stress on the spindle throwing around a off balanced boring head. I think drills and reamers are the way to go on a DP. Unless it's an old and stout machine

Absolutely! Sorry if I didn't make that clear. I really did try...
The OP didn't identify which DP he was using.

Daryl
MN

You made it perfectly clear brother. Besides, I sure aint an authority figure. I just know my raggedy DP would cry if I had a boring head on there making it all catty wompus.

The chatter would be far worse then any unbalance condition when using a boring head in a drillpress, unless it is a very serious one.
When I run a boring head far off center in a mill I just add balancing weights, easy as pie.

Back