Blocked And Insulted By Ebay!

I sell alot of stuff. When you sell things, you go in with the understanding that you're gona get alotta questions , low ballers and tire kickers too.
If you don't wana deal with that then you don't sell things. You didn't go overboard with questions, they seem reasonable .
Guy probably had a bad day and you were just the last straw that got "unloaded" on . Good luck with the handle !

I have actually had a buyer complain that there was dust on the item and they wanted a refund. I took it back just to protect my reputation on ebay.

I use EBay a lot, both buy and sell. I've had questions go unanswered, an absolute for my no bid. I've been sold a couple or four bad items, and with only two exceptions quickly got positive actions from sellers. For the two exceptions, one EBay refunded and on the other I was obliged to keep a totally useless item, an optical lens adapter.
On selling no problems so far, a few questions asking for info already in the details but people will speed read.

My big worry with EBay is the rise in the Snowflake Generation. I've dealt with a few of these via local sales and every simple question (or information provided to sellers) is taken as an insult. If in open group (FB sales) such things can quickly descend into a mass anarchy. see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake

Heard a good rumour that in one company the preferred employ is now over 30's for this very reason.

Happened to me a little differently. The guy girligirl I think, would not answer any questions. On any item. Finally I asked him why he was such a jerk. He responded that, that's why I don't answer your questions. Cart before the horse... He blocked me. Reviews of his transactions shows him to be a real low life.

Another guy hadn't shipped yet, and I was already supposed to have it in hand, I pay immediately, he decided it wasn't that important that he needed to deliver and told me that I had some nerve wanting my order (remember I paid immediately) and what a D.. bag I was ... Lets see... it's 2.5 weeks now and you haven't shipped, I was supposed to have it 3 days ago according to the original sale ...

There are a lot of unscrupulous people out there. Then there are the people that just do the right thing. Your guy was just one of the jerks out there.
Yup, the last item I bought from him, paid for it immediately and took 2-1/2 weeks to received it from him. Combined shipping with him, will happen but you pay for both shipping charges! I flat refuse to deal with him anymore.

Life's too short to have to deal with snaky, ignorant eBay sellers. I've been on eBay as a seller and buyer (sold lots of stuff, mostly discount surplus hand tools and new surplus auto parts) and as a seller, I go out of my way to be civil and cordial to potential buyers, even when I get stupid questions (such as asking details about the item, which I have already provided clearly in the listing).
I know sizeable numbers of people have reading and comprehension difficulties, so I make allowances for them.

I put up lots of clear pictures from every angle, a comprehensive description and clear and simple selling terms.
When I see a seller with a 100 paragraphs of seller terms, and 1 sentence describing the item, I click it off. I don't need to deal with Philadelphia lawyers.
I have nearly 2000 feedbacks with 100% rating, and I've never had to refund anyone yet - and I've bought probably 1000 good items off a lot of nice people, from countries as diverse as Italy, Germany, Turkey, Greece, and the U.S.

Things I hate about eBay;
Sellers who are just plain ignorant, and who refuse to answer or even take questions. They go on my blacklist for any future dealings. It takes only a minute to compose and send an answer.
Sellers who think anyone and everyone outside the U.S. is automatically a scammer. 99% of people are quite decent folk, and our feedback must tell you something.
Buyers who want everything for nothing. I mean to say - we all like great deals, but trying to acquire something for 5% of its true value, is enough to make anyone snaky.
Buyers who stuff you around. Slow payers, non-payers. Non-payers get blocked permanently from bidding on my items, it's that simple.
The eBay corporation and its attitude. Arrogant, aloof, remote, and often just plain ignorant and unfair. Decisions based on what is best for eBay, not what is fair.
In my perfect world there'd be an official, independent eBay adjudicator or mediator, with substantial powers, to ensure eBay's decisions and treatment of buyers and sellers was fair, and above board.

Re slow shipping - I make it clear to buyers that I will ship within 1 business day, and give out expected, approximate delivery times. I make it clear that once in the hands of the shippers, I have no control over whether the item is in a cargo plane crash, a truck-trailer rollover or fire, and I can't be held responsible for the hairy, knuckle-dragging gorillas who use the parcel for slam-dunk games during their coffee break.

Last edited:
That Triac is rated at 400V 8 A, 120A surge. Should be able to come up with a sub.

I have actually had a buyer complain that there was dust on the item and they wanted a refund. I took it back just to protect my reputation on ebay.
you should never have to bow down to an unrealistic buyer. sadly most do to save their precious ratings.
as we somhow live in a place where the illusion of satisfaction is now the burden of whoever sold the good or service to you.

if the item was pictured with dust on it, the buyer should assume his responsiblity in removing the dust.

when buying, accept some of the responsibility of being a good buyer, do not place the blame on a weak seller.

i have gotten more valuable items from weak sellers who can't be bothered with questions, than i got from intelligent sellers who think their stuff is gold plated and encrusted with the finest jewels, and is priced accordingly.

Last edited:
What's eBay?

Seriously. Life is too short to have a need to deal with that place.

First time for everything I guess. So I was interested in a machine part on Ebay and after asking (apparently) one question too many, the seller writes me a ranting note about how he's losing money on the deal, and how long it's taking to sell this stuff, etc. He says I "crossed the line" and it's not worth his time. I think the guy needs a major attitude adjustment- what do you think? Funny thing is, I was just about ready to buy. And still would, if he "allowed" me to. Weird, and disappointing since no one else seems to have just that style of part. I see he has one other complaint along the same lines. It was a 5" steel ball crank handle. Anybody have one?View attachment 140607
Mark S.

Mark, do you have a lathe, drill press or mill, and a welder? I'm wondering why you haven't just made a replacement or repaired the existing one. (Which reminds me that I still need to weld up and grind my table height gear shaft on the drill press one of these days.) It just seems like the kind of thing hobbyists like to do. If you don't already know how, that's perfect. You'll learn in the process, and that's half the fun.

Regarding the seller, just move on. People like that aren't worth the effort to hate. ;) If they don't want to answer questions, they shouldn't be selling things. OR, maybe there's something wrong with the item and they don't want you to know about it. Either way, all of us are better off not even knowing them. Stiff upper lip, old chap!

I never understood the logic of sellers who have some item that doesn't sell for long time, and then are ****** - not at the people who didn't show up - but at the one person who took the trouble to inquire about the item. Seems like a great way to go hungry.

Back