Blade guides

will.mcray

Registered
Registered
Wondering if any one has any extra sets of vertical band saw guides they would like to part with. Looking for 5/8, 3/4 and 1 in.

Will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members will need to know the make and probably model of your saw.

Bruce

Wondering if any one has any extra sets of vertical band saw guides they would like to part with. Looking for 5/8, 3/4 and 1 in.

Will

I have some guides dont know what they are from. These are small rectangular blocks with angled ends and a slot cut in the middle. Do you have a pic of what you need?

If you don't find anyone, Do-All still sells them.

If you don't find anyone, Do-All still sells them.

I was stunned when I priced DoAll blade guides…better be sitting down. I forget the details, but I believe to change blade thickness, there is a whole block that supports the blade guides themselves, and that is different for each size.
I’m kind of making it up now, but it was something like $750 per block.

Can anybody confirm this? You know how people on the internet are.

Each block will support a few blade widths IIRC, but if you have to change the block it is very pricy, and you have to change the upper, and lower.

I was stunned when I priced DoAll blade guides…better be sitting down. I forget the details, but I believe to change blade thickness, there is a whole block that supports the blade guides themselves, and that is different for each size.
I’m kind of making it up now, but it was something like $750 per block.

Can anybody confirm this? You know how people on the internet are.
That might be for the set of "new from the factory" saw guide assemblies (see parts breakdown below). There's an upper and a lower; this picture might be for my DoAll ML 16" saw. The saw guide assemblies take 4 "saw guide inserts" which are at the top of the parts page. I have full sets of 4 each from 1/16" wide to 1/2"; some of them have two sizes (I recall a set being 1/4" on one side and 5/16" on the other). As an aside, the speedometer for my DoAll ML was discombobulated when I bought the saw. My quote for a new speedo head from DoAll was about $1000. I went with a Hall-effect speed indicator instead for under $20.

And you are correct about different saw guide inserts for different blade widths. I dread changing teeth per inch on my ML saw if it also involves a blade width change. There are 4 guides (two high, two low) that fit into "dados" in the saw guide assemblies. One cap screw for each; obviously not a difficult job, but the lower ones aren't the easiest to get at. I use a Milwaukee M12 1/4" ratchet and can do the change over in about 5 minutes.

1669147169674.png

Here are a few auctions on eBay for saw guide assemblies and saw guide inserts. May be a better way to go for the money. As another aside, I thought about making a set of guide inserts as I needed some 3/16" ones. A file skates over my DoAll guide inserts, they must be something like 4140 or harder steel. They wouldn't be difficult to machine. I didn't happen to have the hardenable stock on hand and ended up finding a set of 4 on eBay for under $20. I couldn't buy the raw material for that.

Bruce

1669147525052.png

1669147638094.png

1669147670242.png

The bandsaw is the model 16-3. The rectangle with the angle ends is the type I need. Problem with eBay is they are not complete sets of four and they mostly have the ones for the small blades.

I have some guides dont know what they are from. These are small rectangular blocks with angled ends and a slot cut in the middle. Do you have a pic of what you need?

I believe those are the ones for my machine.

Will

Back