Birmingham Mills?

As a good friend of mine once said: "Don't play that one, get her in the boat!"

As a good friend of mine once said: "Don't play that one, get her in the boat!"
:D Well, I figured I'd give it a shot! Clicked 'purchase', now have to figure out how to give him money and when I can pick it up!

Looks like you did well. The tooling really makes the deal. Birmingham machines tend to be a combination of Taiwan ( head ) and China body and castings. That likely hurts resale a little but I don't see much downside in this case. I would bring a dial along and check the table but that is pretty standard when buying used. Dave

Looks like you did well. The tooling really makes the deal. Birmingham machines tend to be a combination of Taiwan ( head ) and China body and castings. That likely hurts resale a little but I don't see much downside in this case. I would bring a dial along and check the table but that is pretty standard when buying used. Dave
Sadly, buying ebay is a bit of a pig-in-a-poke, so fingers crossed its not too bad. Guy says he barely used it because he bought it, then got distracted by other hobbies.

I would pay that if he shipped it for $4.80 ! :big grin:

You must have got it , the listing is ended ! :encourage:

You must have got it , the listing is ended ! :encourage:
Yup, I ended up having to pay the full 6k (he rejected my 'offer' with a 'pay full price!') so he messed that ebay stuff up too. I WISH he could ship it! I'm taking Friday off, renting a Sunbelt drop-deck trailer, then driving 3 1/2 hrs each way!

I'd say you did very well at that price. 10x54 is a nice size upgrade. Enjoy the trip. Mike

Yep , I had that Lagun FTV-2 with the 10x54 bed . Nice machine . Congrats on the new and new to you machine . Looks like a keeper . :)

ROAD TRIP ! :applause:

I use a 12K drop deck and it is really the way to go. They do have a steel floor so I like to bolt 4x6 under the machine ( not lag ), long enough to stabilize the top heavy tendency. Strap four ways on the bottom and 4x6 and down from the knee in two directions. Nothing is worse on a road trip than worrying about the load and watching the rear view until some clown pulls out right in front of you. Dave

Back