Best Week Ever

I'm sure you know, but keep an eye on the fuel lines on that saw unless it is new enough to have the type that is made to withstand the E10 or E15 we are stuck with for now, unless you have a source of non ethanol fuel. I think we have a single station left that buys it, just for the farming community. I read somewhere it's going to keep going up. I've had to replace quite a few fuel lines in some of my and my families small equipment. Same goes for gaskets and diaphragm in the carb. If it starts running badly or gets hard to start that's the first place I look.

they make a fuel line that holds up to the alcohol ?

about the third time i changed fuel lines on my last saw i asked at a small engine shop what he suggested and even he admitted the new fuel lines dont hold up much longer .
i made it threw a year and a half with my weed eater without changing the fuel line . longest they have lasted me so far since the changeover to e10

knock on wood so far i have been pretty lucky with carb diaphragms , but i tend to keep fresh gas with a stabilizer in everything and i try to start everything up once a month if i remember

It's been told to me that you should always run super, no ethanol in it. Whether that is correct or not I can't say, but I have always run super and have yet to change any lines. My Jonsered 625 is from '89 and still no need to replace the lines or service the carburetor.

Back