Best programming instructions/manual for XSY-AT1 VFD

Here's my rendition of the manual. There are still things I don't understand but most of them are mute to my use anyway. Please, if you know what other parameters are for or see things that are not right, let me know.
Thanks
Aaron

Attachments

• XSY-AT1 Aaron's Notes.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 114
P21 appears to be the motor speed @50Hz by the description you gave
if this is correct, for a 1740 RPM nominal motor, the setting should be 1556 (1740-10%=1556)

It only appears to be to make the display read correctly but I never use the display to read RPM, only frequency.
Theoretically you could use some math to make it read spindle speed

I am now installing the same vfd (XSY-AT1). This info is great!

What is P01 "reference frequency"?

P01 is the line frequency. 60 Hz in the US, 50 Hz some other places.

I've been searching on the internet for hours on what type and how to connect a Big Red Button emergency stop with this VFD on my milling machine.....So far I've not found a concise DIY ......I understand the programming, just need to understand wiring and wht type of switch I would need.....

You would want an E-Stop with one NC and one NO contact block. In the run state you run the COM to both switches, the NC then connects to your run switches, typically 2 wire or 3 wire control. The NO connects to an input which is programed for Emergency Stop, for the AT simple series it indicates this is input programed to 19. When you press the E-Stop, the NC goes open and stops any run commands, the NO goes NC and instructs the VFD to an Emergency stop. With most VFD's that have a programmable emergency stop input, once engaged, it will not restart the VFD once the button is released, it will only reset if there is no active run command. This is important with any type of E-Stop interrupt command structure. If you were running 2 wire control, and the E-Stop interrupted the com line to stop the active run command, once the E-Stop was reset the machine would restart if you did not set the 2 wire control back to the stop position.

The other means that this can be done, is to use some form of latching relay, that will only latch when the run control is in the stop position (can only latch in this position say with 2 wire control). The E-Stop breaks the relay power latch as well as the COM line to the run command switch, the relay disengages and when it does this it would also be wired to send an Emergency stop command. I just built a lathe control system like this with a latching relay. It is also important that the run command switches are only connected when the relay is on and latched/powered, if there is any power interruption or faulty connection, it powers down and the run controls become inoperative. I always recommend having 2-3 levels of redundancy when it comes to run and stop commands/operational safety. Also what happens if there is a switch failure or wire failure, etc. Many VFD's now have a separate safety circuit which has two circuits which must be connected through NC contacts, and if either or both go open it shuts down the VFD.

1683853621648.png

Back