Best 110 VFD

Karl_T

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I ordered a new saw last december. https://www.rollinsaw.com/ef1459

It was $2000 cheaper to get one with a 1 hp 3 phase motor vs 110 single phase.

Saw just arrived, so i need a VFD to run it. Where should i go for a real nice one?

PS first time I have EVER bought a brand new large machine for my shop.

I can't help on the VFD, but WOW on the new saw purchase. Congratulations.

Only place I have ever seen another Roll In is on Renzetti's channel and he raves about it.

Check with Wolfe Automation they have been good for me. They have alot of different choices and good service.

I can't help on the VFD, but WOW on the new saw purchase. Congratulations.

Only place I have ever seen another Roll In is on Renzetti's channel and he raves about it.
i believe that i just saw one of these for sale on the FB market

Got one at auction 30 years ago and fell in love. If you are at all limited for space, this saw does it all. Both bandsaw and cutoff saw.

This is my current number one VFD choice:

I've used the Teco L510's, including one with 110V input, and have had good luck with them. But I don't have a broad experience across a lot of VFDs

edited to add: The Hitachi has a slighly higher FLA rating (5A vs 4.3A). I'd lean toward the Hitachi for that reason.

Last edited:
I would go with the Teco L510, and use it with 3 wire control (without the reverse). So simple one button on and one for off. You primarily need it as a power source and maybe some blade speed adjust. This is their 1 Hp 120VAC single phase input power. Only other thing to consider is that you want it in a sealed enclosure or away from the saw to prevent chips/dust getting into it.

+1 on a sealed enclosure attached to the saw so you have flexibility with placement in the future.

Back