Bench top die filer wanted

hovercraft57

Registered
Registered
I am looking for a Bench top die filer fron the southern Ontario area .,,, Thanks

I've got an extra Milwaukee Rice.

Daryl
MN

I went to the site. They have some cool things. Has anybody made the slotted cross slide for the South Bend?
297e1bca6a4a92dfd464eb2a78b9a327.jpg

Cutting oil is my blood.

I made the slotted cross slide for the Atlas. Is that close enough?

Yes! How did it turn out? Do you like it and the quality of the casting? I think this would be a great upgrade to my SB9

Cutting oil is my blood.

I thought it was great. Granted, I don’t have a lot of experience evaluating castings. Lol

I milled it square and did the tee slots on a round column mill without power feed. Then I took it to a friend for the dovetails, and surface grind. No need for the grind, but if the equipment is available, why not?

I’ve been using it for a few years I think. I will never go back to a short slide again. I use the slots mostly for a rear mount parting tool, and a handy spot for a dial indicator.

There is a really great write up on machining a South Bend casting online, but I’m not sure it’s here in our forum.

Apologies to the OP! I would also like to find a bench die filer. The kit from MLA looks tops to me.

I made the die filer a number of you're an ago and the automatic boring head recently. Both kits had wonderful castings and good plans.

Greg

Back