Belton TX to Seven Points TX

Uncle Bob

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I need to move a Monarch CK lathe (16x54, about 9,000 lbs) from Belton, TX 76513-7164 to Seven Points, TX 75143. Google Maps says 131 miles.
Please let me know if you are interested.

IMHO the best and most reasonable way is to hire a local roll off or tilt and load wrecker truck to move it. My 21,000 pound horizontal boring mill cost me $900 . Took seven hours total time and he placed it within a foot of where it needed to go. I never even had to meet him at the pick up place.Easy Peasy
MartinIMG_3567.jpegIMG_3571.jpegIMG_0180.png

Loved the G&Ls when I ran them . CNC with dual rotary tables and tombstones . Had my worst crash of my career on one of them . :eek 2:

I too liked them, our shop had two 350T G&Ls, I especially liked the simple control levers for feeds. We did a lot of heavy boring of large diameters in steel and ductile iron, up to about 50" diameters.

Are you sure about that weight? My 16x54 Lodge and Shipley weighs a tad under 6k.

I agree about a roll-off wrecker. They should be able to make short work out of it. I'd make sure they understand exactly what they're getting into and that they understand a lathe can be top-heavy. Good luck!

Are you sure about that weight? My 16x54 Lodge and Shipley weighs a tad under 6k.

I agree about a roll-off wrecker. They should be able to make short work out of it. I'd make sure they understand exactly what they're getting into and that they understand a lathe can be top-heavy. Good luck!

Good point vocatexas! If You can find a roll off guy, make sure he has experience moving machinery. Most do. Not just pulling wrecked vehicles out of the rhubarb.

Back