Belt Source for 1220 XL

mac1911

Registered
Registered
Appears Smithy is out of Belts at the moment. You cant add them to your cart.
Whats a good source for decent belts for these machines?

if you have the size, Ebay or Amazon are easy sources

the belt may have the size embossed or printed on the outside, something like 4L500 or B-35

bearing houses usually have good stock
Goodyear and Gates are great names

I took a chance and ordered some off amazon D&D or something
I tried getting some belts from local stores but the 3/8 smaller ones are almost non existent.
Tractor supply has smaller ones but the prices where high and they felt cheap anyway. So for 2/3 the cost I took a chimazon chance

My Grizz uses metric "SPZ" series 10mm (.393") V belts. Do you have the old belts as a guide ? NAPA usually has "belt finder" jigs. They have bailed me out in the past.

My Grizz uses metric "SPZ" series 10mm (.393") V belts. Do you have the old belts as a guide ? NAPA usually has "belt finder" jigs. They have bailed me out in the past.
I have the industry belt numbers from Smithy 3L240 , 230 , 360 and 290
What I ran into is availability vs price and quality.
Tractor supply and auto zone had them but they where 3x more for cheap no name vs the ones on amazon. Local napa had listings but could only locate one.

For the cost difference I took a chance plus Amazon (as much as I hate it) had them to me the next day. Vs a 40 min drive to napa. Which turns into lunch and other spending lol

point of information

the 3L240,3L230 ,3L360, etc. belts can be interchanged with 3VX240, 3VX230, 3VX360 respectively
the 3VX belts have cogs on the inner surface
the 3vx belts are more flexible and run cooler.
they work with very small diameter pulleys as a bonus

point of information

the 3L240,3L230 ,3L360, etc. belts can be interchanged with 3VX240, 3VX230, 3VX360 respectively
the 3VX belts have cogs on the inner surface
the 3vx belts are more flexible and run cooler.
they work with very small diameter pulleys as a bonus
Thanks , thats a good option

Back