Bedroom Machine Shop Build

The lights look great, but you may still want some desktop lights, like small spots, they do help. I know they do me. My wife would kill me If I did something like this. Right now she is thinking of getting me one of the shipping containers so she can have the garage back.

The shop is coming along quite nicely! A lot has happened since I last updated here. The Buffalo #15 drill press is complete. The SB 9a is almost complete- just have the carriage assembly to finish restoration. I've added a 12 ton H-frame shop press. While I'm currently using it as a table for completed lathe parts, I did shorten the parts washer height and add wheels so that I can roll it under the bench. This will be important in the future when I add the second bench, as I won't have a place for the parts washer otherwise. And today I added a wall cabinet for some much needed storage space.

DSC_2037_rdc_zps5dtensjl.jpg

DSC_2038_rdc_zpsxxulm9rs.jpg

The shop is looking really good. I think one aspect being missed here is the "hot waitress" angle. You just know they have all heard the "would you like to see my etchings" line, but how many have been confronted with "would you like to see my milling machine". I think I'm seeing a distinct advantage here. :grin: Mike

The shop is looking really good. I think one aspect being missed here is the "hot waitress" angle. You just know they have all heard the "would you like to see my etchings" line, but how many have been confronted with "would you like to see my milling machine". I think I'm seeing a distinct advantage here. :grin: Mike

I like how you're thinking! Wait until I put the bed in there... bow chicka bow chicka... :D

Nice. I see that you also have to share space with an exercise machine.

Only until I decide I don't want it in there any longer. For now I don't anticipate getting the milling machine for another year- so there's no real reason to move it out. Not to mention this room has a TV in it, which helps. Once the milling machine arrives, I'll move the elliptical machine into another room of the house. It also sucks that I have to disassemble the elliptical machine in order to get it out of the room. So there's about as much motivation to move it as there is to use it. Hahaha!

______
Thanks for the comments everyone! It's so rewarding to see a room that I basically didn't ever use turn into one of my most used rooms. I am finding myself heading to my machine shop now for projects rather than my garage- and that's an awesome feeling!

The shop is coming along nicely.

I'm concerned that you persist in entertaining the fantasy of installing a bed in there.
You must expect some pretty desperate house guests.
And a solvent tank too! Yummy!

Back