Beautiful old American Iron and Steel

I'm super stoked at how this came out. I received the steady rest with the Mulliner Enlund, but it was way too big for that lathe and too small for the Carroll Jamieson. I designed and made this adapter plate and absolutely nailed the height and centerline.

20240727_171133.jpg

I'm going to go to a local surplus place and see if I can find a steady rest I can adapt to the Mulliner Enlund.

This is a huge addition to the lathe. This steady rest will take up to a 5 3/4" shaft.

I just cleaned the morse taper in the Mulliner Enlund for the first time. It needed it badly. I had to use some 220 grit on a stick and maroon non woven with wd40.

The no 4 dead center thunked in very nicely and required significant force to remove. The run out was 0.0005". I just keep being impressed by this only machine.

The 3 jaw went back on within 0.001".

I measured it up for a steady rest. This Friday I'm going to stop by my favorite surplus machinery shop and see if they have anything that might work. I need 2 7/8" from center to the center of the V, and 7" tall from the flat way to the center.

Back