Beat this one.

Bill, the first thought that entered my mind when I saw that thing was that it looked like something I used to load into my M203. But that was a LONG time ago and I'm probably mistaken... :lmao:

Bill

So what we now have a " My tool is bigger than your's " thread.:headscratch: I thought this was a familey sight.:roflmao:

So what we now have a " My tool is bigger than your's " thread.:headscratch: I thought this was a familey sight.:roflmao:

It is, there's nothing like keeping it in the family. Last I knew, that's what we were.

"Billy G" :jester:

Hey my uncle/brother/daddy resembles that....He he, sorry just couldn't help myself.
Bob

Hmmm, let's not get into the discussion of small, tiny mechanical objects...

But on that note, I heard a story (not sure how accurate this is so beware) of a drill bit company that made very small drill bits. They made one the diameter of a human hair. ... Some time later, their competitor sent them a human hair with a hole drilled in it. :). -Gotta hate when that happens...

Off to work now. I'm in the shop all day with a job.

Ray

Don't know if this qualifies, but I bought it at an auction kinda by mistake.
I thought I'd never use it so it has just been sitting around until I decided to make a plate for it to hold it on the 12x36.
The reamer I got on ebay, not realy wanting it but it was with a couple that I did want and the price was right, it's 1 3/8

The boring bar holder holds 3/4, 1 1/4, & 1 1/2 boring bars.

The other piece that came with it????? some kinda lathe dog????or something to line up two shafts between centers for welding???
CIMG2180.JPGCIMG2181.JPGCIMG2182.JPG

CIMG2180.JPG CIMG2181.JPG CIMG2182.JPG

Hmmm, let's not get into the discussion of small, tiny mechanical objects...

But on that note, I heard a story (not sure how accurate this is so beware) of a drill bit company that made very small drill bits. They made one the diameter of a human hair. ... Some time later, their competitor sent them a human hair with a hole drilled in it. :). -Gotta hate when that happens...

Off to work now. I'm in the shop all day with a job.

Ray

The version I remember of this was that the competitor sent back a sample of the small drill with an even smaller hole drilled through (or is it THRU) it :)

it's not the size of the tool it's how you use it
that what my wife said but a big tool is nice to have and yes I am talking about machine tools not what you are thinking .

Back