Barrel Vise - mounting block for bench vise

Boltgun

Registered
Registered
Hi all, first DIY post. Newb to machining, been an armorer for a long time. Wanting to expand armoring to gunsmithing as a hobby. First "fixture" made. So I bought an extremely well made Great Scott Triggers UBV. My bench situation doesn't allow for permanent install of the UBV to the bench. The bottom of the UBV isn't really thick enough for clamping on a bench vise, although it would work for a while. It's also aluminum. So I made a block which has grooves to make mounting in the bench vise easy and bolted the UBV to the block. Made a few mistakes, but nothing that affects performance. All of you seasoned machinists would pick them out in the first go over. I'm not sweating it though. First of many fixtures to come. Here are the pics.

35-D81-D83-33-D9-4845-BF91-08261-B3-E9866.jpg

4-D8-AF7-CA-1-A6-A-4-C17-B0-E5-5-FB659-A8013-D.jpg

88254-D83-ED94-45-C3-A9-E8-1-DB8-E0-B48-FFD.jpg

570-BDBA1-0-A8-E-43-D0-8624-67-AF2-F7-A4-A25.jpg

Thanks for looking
Boltgun

I don't know what a UBV is but what you have there looks pretty good to me!

Same on ubv, no idea. Good looking work though.

Could be a universal... it looks like a quick change from a "permanent" mount to something that can get moved to a tool box in short order.

joe

Thanks for the comments folks....it is an Ultimate Barrel Vise. GST does some very nice machining....only something I can hope to achieve at some time soon. For now I am just happy to be making chips and leaning!

Boltgun

Back