Baldor Industrial 10HP 26 amp motor in my lap

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
I just found out I have a Hotsy Model 1754 5.93 GPM -2,500 PSI 10 HP cold water pressure washer waiting for me to pick up.
I don't need the pressure washer part but that motor is interesting.
26.8 amp, 3 phase 10 HP Baldor industrial in perfect working order.
What would you do with it?
I guess I could mount the stationary electrical pressure washer on the side yard =nah. If I had a shop with more room that may be an idea.
I could make a Binford belt grinder or a rotary phase converter.
Calling Ulma Doc.
I bet Mike could make one heck of an RPC out of that thing. I already have an RPC.
Any other ideas? It's free so I have to do something with it. Just looking for ideas.

My first thought was RPC, but if you're all ready set in that department . . . Sell it and apply the proceeds to purchase something higher on your priority list.

Why would one need a pressure washer that putts out almost 6 gallons per minute? Unless was washing down very muddy equipment in a proper facility to handle that volume of muck?

My first thought was RPC, but if you're all ready set in that department . . . Sell it and apply the proceeds to purchase something higher on your priority list.

Why would one need a pressure washer that putts out almost 6 gallons per minute? Unless was washing down very muddy equipment in a proper facility to handle that volume of muck?
Exactly.
If I had a need but I don’t.

the 10hp would be an excellent motor for the RPC idler!

you could make the bandsaw from hell with the 10hp motor!!!! :grin:

get a hydraulic pump, plumb up some hydraulics and make a heavy duty press !!!!

I'm in the sell it and buy something you really want camp. Or better yet, buy something your wife really wants ;)

John

BTW, I would have killed for one of those back when I had my shop. Equipment repair or boatyard would be likely buyers.

John

I'll pay shipping, and cost of Mike's upgrades. What would you like for handling 2-3, maybe 5 bucks??? :D

Oooh, I like the Binford hydraulic press idea.
I have a friend with a large shop. He has been talking about building a press.
I could use it any time I need it.
That may just be the direction we go.

Back