Backing plate size o my

XPFTP

Registered
Registered
ok i hope this will be last post for a few days lol ..... so not to drive people nuts.

backing plates.... 6 inch ...... are they larger then 6 inch as in.... say i order a 6 inch. will it be 6 1/2 inch ?

why you ask am i asking this.... will.... the 4 jaw i have... is 6 1/4 to OD.
so short form finding a nut that is 1 1/2 by 8. i order a 1 1/2 by 8 plate and can work from there..

or am i ordering a 8inch and cuttin it down ?

thoughts ????

ok i hope this will be last post for a few days lol ..... so not to drive people nuts.

backing plates.... 6 inch ...... are they larger then 6 inch as in.... say i order a 6 inch. will it be 6 1/2 inch ?

why you ask am i asking this.... will.... the 4 jaw i have... is 6 1/4 to OD.
so short form finding a nut that is 1 1/2 by 8. i order a 1 1/2 by 8 plate and can work from there..

or am i ordering a 8inch and cuttin it down ?

thoughts ????
Measure the register.

Measure the register.
??? what area is that? iam new ..... i know outside to outide is 6 1/4 inchs. that is like 1/8inch to outside of the bolt holes
here is pic of the back of the chuck. it is a 4 jaw
as you can see. 6 inchs right in the center of the bolt hole.

jaw pic 4.jpg

the whole back of chuck. dont ask me the yellow stuff. its like a paint. i dont think this chuck was every used ..

jaw pic 5 .jpg

and the face. no stupid me not look for maker or marks so on ..
so no idea as of yet of maker
jaw pic 3.jpg

Many 6" plates are a bit larger than 6"- you can call the vendor and ask if it's not clear in the listing
Make sure you can return it if necessary whoever you buy it from

Order an 8 inch from cdco. $2 more than a 6 but probably a few more in shipping.

Back