Awesome Vise Speed Handle Deal - Made in USA

I have a question about balance. I made my own speed handle with steel body and aluminum handle on steel shoulder-bolt axle. I knew I should calculate the balance point before placing the "center" hex, but didn't bother. The weight difference is enough to cause the handle to swing to the bottom when the vise is not clamped. It's not a big thing, but it is an irritation sometimes. Wondering if these handles have that same characteristic.

Oh, allow me to say that these are a smokin' deal! Kudos to @rgetso. If these had been available I wouldn't have bothered to make mine.

I received one of these handles last week for my Kurt DX4 and am really pleased. It's not often that one gets something that exceeds expectations. Really an exceptional value. The handle is beautifully executed and very nice to look at, almost too nice to use. Well done! @rgetso thanks for such a nice handle. Really appreciate the nice note as well.

FWIW, I found after using it for a while that the rotating handle isn't needed at all, much to my surprise!

Back