Automatic Screw Machines

NightWing

Active User
Registered
Anybody here have experience on multi-spindle automatics?

Cones
Acmes
New Britains
Greenlees
Wickmans
Gildemeisters
Warner and Swazeys
Davenports

30 years worth. What would you like to know? Acme and New Britain. I still have the Acme Manual.

"Billy G"

30 years worth. What would you like to know? Acme and New Britain. I still have the Acme Manual.

"Billy G"

Actually, I was a field service engineer for 10 years on Conomatics and 8 more years as Service Manager. Then I had my own production shop using Cones for 22 years. I was just curious if anyone else here had ever run or worked on multis.

The 10 inch Acme was fun. :lmao::lmao: ! 5/8 - 8 triple cut offs were a nightmare. Then there was threading, oh yeah I remember those days. :lmao:

"Billy G"

Here ya go. :lmao: I forgot I had the old (brown) manual to. I just couldn't toss them. :lmao:

"Billy G"

102_0874 (900 x 598).jpg

a little Brown and Sharpe, National Acme and New Britain, though I have been away from them for a lot of years now

we had a job we ran on an 1-5/8 rb 8 that we used to cut parts off one side, until we decided we could be cutting them off of both sides. I doubt they cut the price on them any but ill bet profits went up. two parts each machine cycle had to boost the profit margin!

Our R8s were triple cut offs. They made spacers from thin wall tubing. They had an expander tool to increase the OD and ID. Cycle time was 11 seconds. 8000+ in an 8 hour shift.

"Billy G"

these were a bushing made from 1" D shaped stock, it made the reel stand rattle and the floor shake. I don't remember the cycle time, I do know they were used in the hvac trades as a part of a control arm.

Back