Automate 1032vmc

Western Montana isn't much different in distance than LA. There's a Wasino CNC LV24M for sale for $3200. I have no connection to the seller. Here's the description:
make / manufacturer: Wasino
model name / number: LV24m

This CNC vertical turn/mill center has some very unique capabilities. We were going to machine bolt action rifle receivers with it. We purchased this several years ago, and have never had it under power. Plans changed, and now I am ready to sell at a big loss. Need the space. A well tooled machine, has a 10 inch chuck, and various tool holders. Features a Fanuc 10T CNC control. Have quite a few spare parts for it including a replacement operators' panel. It was functional when we purchased it, and I have kept the batteries for the parameters fresh. Comes with complete documentation.

https://kalispell.craigslist.org/tls/5425025521.html

Steve Shannon

Tim,
Its a TV show taping, something about robots.... BattleBots or something, i don't watch TV so I am clueless, I just know that they will have the Mill there so before taping of the show starts one morning early I have been invited to check machine out under power for a short bit. A whole lot cheaper than flying to Detroit then renting a car to go to Smithy. The tech for Smithy will machine a part of my choosing out of steel for my demo. If I like it, that is the machine that will be shipped to me. It will be the machine with ATC, and advanced model of controller . I do not know if they will have a lathe there.

...they will have the Mill there so before taping of the show starts one morning early I have been invited to check machine out under power for a short bit...
nice. take some pictures...

Western Montana isn't much different in distance than LA. There's a Wasino CNC LV24M for sale for $3200....purchased this several years ago, and have never had it under power. Plans changed, and now I am ready to sell at a big loss. ...Have quite a few spare parts for it including a replacement operators' panel. It was functional when we purchased it...
First of all that is not really a mill, but a vertical-turn machine. You can do some mill-like functions on it, but it is really kind of specialized.

Lots of red flags in that FS add:
1. Sounds like you don't get to see it under power. A huge mistake in buying OLD (27+ years) cnc equipment.
2. Selling it at a big loss. If it is not working for them, why would it work for you?
3. Great that it comes with a lot of spare parts... but...why? Have they been trying to fix it?
4. Fanuc 10T. You would be buying a machine with a 1988 controller in it. Good thing it comes with lots of spare parts.
5. Fuzzy pictures. Harder to see the rust and the wear and tear.
6. "It was functional when we bought it". Sure, pull the other one, its got bells on it.

If I was going to drive somewhere to look for buying used machinery, it would be LA, not Montana. Same distance? sure. But in LA, you can shop between dozens of used machines, not just one. And if the OP has a $20k budget, he can find something a lot more up-to-date than a clapped out 27 year old machine.

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to explain this. All good points that I didn't know or hadn't considered, although I'm not sure why a person couldn't see it under power.
Still, a tax write off trip to Glacier National Park country rather than LA,

Steve Shannon, P.E.

...although I'm not sure why a person couldn't see it under power.
If in all the years they have owned it they haven't managed to hook up power to it (it probably requires 3 phase, and possibly 480V, which they may not have available), and if they are "selling it at a sharply discounted rate", I am betting they aren't going to wire it up for a potential customer.

Generally "It was functional when we bought it...never had it under power" is short-hand for "it doesn't work now and we don't know how to fix it". Old machines can turn into a money pit, which is why businesses get rid of them to unsuspecting hobbyists.

Back