Atlas Mfc Headstock Pulley Dimensions

Firebrick43

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Does anyone have an Atlas Mfc apart right now. If so would you be so kind to measure the spindle double pulley for me. I need the length and diameter of the bore and the dimensions of the drive keys that engage withe the small back gear.

Machining a micro v belt pulley to replace the v belts but realize I need the mill itself to machine the drive keys,

I have an MFC waiting for me to disassemble and rebuild. It is in an unheated garage and I am waiting for the weather to get a bit warmer and more stable, probably later this month or early April, so don't hold your breath. If you have a lathe with a milling attachment you can use that to mill key slots in a shaft. You can even use the lathe to broach a keyway in the ID of a pulley without a milling attachment. From another forum: http://www.machinistweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3120&highlight=broaching

Spiral_Chips

Yeah.... I understand. I was going to use my lathe to make a new counter shaft for my lathe, but then I realized....

If you have a lathe with a milling attachment you can use that to mill key slots in a shaft.

Spiral_Chips

Unfortunately, no milling attachment. Pulley isn't broached but I do have them if needed.

I could take it apart as I have friends with mills but I use it for many jobs and don't want to loose it for anymore time than I have to

When I get the micro v sheaves installed and function tested I will post drawings and pics

I currently have mine apart. I'll measure it tomorrow afternoon and post whatever dimensions you need.

Cgantner it would be much appreciated. I need bore diameter, bore length without the gear driving notches and the diameter and height of the back gear driving notches. Thank you

Bore diameter - 7/8
Bore length minus gear - 1 11/16
Key way - 1/2 long 1/8 wide woodruf key
Back gear notches - 1/4 diameter 1/8 deep.

Back